The department of Telemedicine, SSSIHMS, Whitefield is part of the Sri Sathya Sai Tele-health Network that includes both the sister institutions at Prasanthigram and Whitefield.
The Telemedicine department part of the Tele-health network leverages the potential of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) tools and extend the reach of quality medical care provided free of cost by Sri Sathya Sai Health System for patients requiring neurosurgical and cardiology care.
The Telemedicine center was established in 2007 as an extension of the outpatient facilities at SSSIHMS. The center at SSSIHMS acts as a specialist center, providing services to patients at these two nodal centers.
The facility has helped SSSIHMS achieve
- Streamline flow of Revisit/Outpatients from pre-identified locations (States)
- Schedule appointments for face-to-face consultation and surgery
- Minimize unnecessary investigation, and travel for patients who can be advised remotely
- Provide follow up for post-operative patients
- Counselling of the patients
- Guide patients requiring support from other medical specialties presently not provided by SSSIHMS-WFD
- Conduct and participate in online CME’s, training of DNB’s and exchange of best practices and expertise in Neurosurgery and Cardiology
- Financial and Social advantages to patients
Nodal point Location
In West Bengal – Barrackpore
Sri Sathya Sai Seva Kendra,
1, Riverside Road (Beside Mangal Pandey Park),
Barrackpore, North 24 Paraganas,
Pin – 700120
Telephone: 033- 25450329
In Orissa – Bhubaneswar
Sri Sathya Sai Seva Samiti,
Unit III, Kharavel Nagar, (Opp. Nalini Devi Womens’ College of Teacher Education)
Pin: 769 010
Phone: 0674-2391090, 8895268090
Patients who are diagnosed with such ailments, who have already consulted a doctor and have previous medical records (reports/ scans) readily available, may approach the nodal center for appointments for consultation.
|Barrackpore||Thursday & Saturday||Saturday|