Date(s) - 29/08/2015 - 30/08/2015
3rd Annual Pediatric Echo conference
Echocardiography plays a central role in the management of children with suspected heart disease. Our 3rd annual Pediatric Echocardiography Conference: An Integrated Approach to Congenital Heart Diseaes is an advanced level course which provides an excellent opportunity for participants to refine their echocardiography skills. The focus is on “Learning by doing.” Workshop highlights include:
- Hands on training in small groups with patients using state of the art echo machines.
- Mentored evaluation of a wide variety of cases on advanced echo workstations.
- Multi-disciplinary sessions on Sunday, 30th August. Learn what the cardiac surgeon or interventional pediatric cardiologist wants to know – and what you need to look for – in complex congenital heart disease.
- Focused didactic lectures from nationally renowned faculty.
This course is part of the core echocardiography conference series at the Sri Sathya Sai Institutes of Higher Medical Sciences (SSSIHMS) in Puttaparthi and Bangalore.
At the end of the program, participants will understand:
- How to refine echo exams in line with contemporary international standards
- Segmental approach to anatomy
- Echocardiographic approach to complex congenital heart disease
- Role of echo and other imaging modalities pre- and post surgical repair of complex congenital heart disease
- What the cardiac surgeon or interventional cardiologist needs to know in complex congenital heart disease
- How to use the newer echo modalities (3D, myocardial mechanics) in congenital heart disease
- How other imaging modalities – cardiac CT, cardiac MRI, cath studies – can complement the clinical picture.
Who should attend?
The program is divided into two portions:
- Day 1 (hands on training) is for pediatric cardiologists, adult cardiologists with significant pediatric echo experience, cardiac anesthesiologists, and cardiac sonographers.
- Day 2 (integrated approach to CHD) is for pediatric and adult cardiologists, cardiac surgeons, cardiac anesthesiologists, radiologists, and sonographers.
This is not a beginner’s course. Participants must already have a good understanding of congenital heart disease.
Depending on your background, you may choose to register separately for Day 1 or Day 2, or for the entire conference.
All conferences at SSSIHMS are free to all participants. Seats are limited and registration is accepted on a first come, first serve basis. Registration includes course materials, lunch, and tea/coffee breaks.
The conference takes place in the serene and beautiful campus of the Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Medical Sciences (SSSIHMS) in Whitefield, Bangalore.
|The 3rd Annual Pediatric Echocardiography Conference is accredited by the Karnataka Medical Council for 3 CME credits.|
Smoking, alcohol, and consumption of non-vegetarian food is prohibited on the SSSIHMS campus.
Faculty and agenda are subject to change without notice.
– See more at: http://www.echosai.org/pediatric-echo-conference.html#sthash.kfZ0VPpb.dpuf